Manager, Paid Media (Display & Paid Social) – Glendale, CA
Our Managers are, by all accounts, subject matter experts and leaders on our growing Display & Paid Social media team. Our perfect candidate for this opening will be an enthusiastic, pro-active, detail-oriented, and hardworking professional, and have extensive experience with social and display ad buying, along with client-facing experience monitoring and reporting on paid advertising campaigns. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about digital marketing and data optimization.
You will handle:
- Campaign Management
- Plan and manage campaigns on social and display platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google Display Network, YouTube, and various DSPs, etc.) working within the native tools on each platform to execute and optimize campaigns., etc.
- Optimize campaigns to meet and/or exceed advertiser goals through channel-specific levers, including but not limited to: audience testing, creative testing, bid adjustments, and placement testing.
- As necessary, build campaigns and ad sets within Campaign Manager (formerly DCM) to traffic ad campaigns across multiple platforms. QA the campaign builds and initial data to ensure successful launch.
- Leverage research tools and resources to plan campaign tactics that adhere to client goals and target audience. Research industry benchmarks by platform and client vertical.
- Determine set-up, including: testing methodologies, reporting requirements, and optimization requirements, ensuring full impact and efficiency of each campaign.
- Collaborate with creative team and account directors to align messaging and targeting based on best practices and campaign objectives for new ad tests
- Client Management
- Manage portfolio of clients, constantly seeking opportunities for improved performance and revenue
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to configure, operate and optimize campaigns to meet client objectives.
- Communicate weekly progress on all client campaigns and provide insights that highlight the story behind the data.
- Find new opportunities for client within the marketing tech landscape by meeting and vetting vendors as well as onboarding when necessary
- Identify challenges or red flags and work with Director to actively provide resolutions for client satisfaction
- Team Management
- Manage a team of specialists and/or coordinators serving as their champion for growth and strategic support
- Contribute to ongoing training and learning tracks, giving critical feedback that is warm, honest, and inspiring
- Lead administrative operations for team members including time tracking, goals, 1:1s, revenue tracking for your pod
You Should Have:
- 3-5 years of experience in social and display buying, paid media execution, and optimization.
- Knowledge of paid social and display landscape, including optimization techniques and strategies, bidding models, and ad units across variety of platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google Display Network, Display & Video 360, DataXu, etc.)
- Experience in following channels is a plus: Email Acquisition, Connected TV, Video, Native
- Experience with third party ad serving, ideally with Campaign Manager (formerly DoubleClick Campaign Manager).
- Adept at development of media plan, campaign strategy and budget recommendations with a data-first approach
- Experience presenting either to clients or senior management on campaign wrap ups, business reviews or strategy
- Strong Interest in digital media platforms and technologies, with a desire to keep informed about new trends demonstrated through vendor vetting.
- Excellent time management and organization skills. Able to set priorities for yourself and the team for various tasks,and adapt to those priorities as needed.
- Analytical thinker who can recognize critical issues and focus attention accordingly as demonstrated through weekly performance analysis with ability to identify when in depth analysis is needed
- A resourceful self-starter with a very high work rate—able to get things done without constant input and support. Works well both independently and collaboratively. Enjoys exploring new territory!
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, VLookup formulas, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture or any other reporting tools a plus.
- Positive and outgoing personality, with the professional demeanor and ability to relate well with team members, upper management, clients, and media partners.
Who we are:
Join a team of digital explorers! The Search Agency is a global online marketing firm that combines high-tech and high-touch strategies to help clients engage with their audience. With 5 offices around the world, we’re one of the largest independent and integrated digital marketing firms, with diverse services to support our clients’ multi-channel marketing goals. As a member of our team, you’ll join a fun, focused group of individuals working together to seek out efficient and effective ways to serve our clients.
The fun stuff:
Who says there’s no such thing as a free lunch? We get them twice a week! You’ll also get a flexible work schedule and the option to work from home every Friday (yes, you read that right). All employees receive full medical, dental, and vision care, along with the option to contribute to a 401k. We have a fun, casual office culture, with “alternative work spaces,” regular yoga classes, spirited table tennis, and a kitchen fully-stocked for breakfast and mid-day snacks.
The Search Agency, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not currently eligible for sponsorship or third-party candidates