Director, Paid Media (Display & Paid Social) – Glendale, CA
The Director of Paid Media is a leader and a doer. They help build and lead the team focused on managing Display and Paid Social campaigns on behalf of The Search Agency’s clients, overseeing the strategy across a wide ranged portfolio of clients. They are enthusiastic, proactive, detail-oriented, and thrive in a team-oriented, client-focused, fast-paced environment.
You should have extensive experience in various channels including paid social and display, and be a client-facing leader with regards to campaign and data strategy. You will leverage your extensive industry knowledge and work with the team to create, manage, and optimize campaigns. Additionally, you will represent the Display and Paid Social team in agency leadership conversations including product development, marketing communication and business development initiatives.
- Mentor and work alongside a team of managers, specialists and coordinators to execute on client objectives
- Oversee growth of overall team and manage team organization
- Interview, hire, and coordinate onboarding of new hires
- Campaign Strategy
- Collaborate with cross-channel team to craft holistic strategy for client campaigns
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to develop strategic plans and tactical recommendations for targeting, messaging and optimizing campaigns to meet client objectives
- Serve as point of escalation for optimization & performance challenges, providing recommendations and outside perspective for assigned account team
- Product Development & Standards
- Lead media standard creation alongside managers to identify best practices for set-up, including testing methodologies, reporting requirements and optimization requirements, for ensuring full impact and efficiency of each campaign.
- Understand and manage client media-buying cycles, product/service update schedules, online marketing philosophy and goals, target demographics, etc.
- Act as the client champion and agency representative to vet and evaluate third party technology and vendors
- Develop tools to facilitate on-target budget fulfillment to support meeting revenue goals
- Work closely with the India team to identify opportunities to increase division of work and utilization in order to improve team efficiency and support India team skillset growth
- Business Development
- Support VP, Paid Media on business development by supporting new client acquisition efforts
- Lead cross-sell efforts among existing agency roster to further display and social product adoption
You should have:
- Team Management Experience
- Experience managing a team of at least 7 people
- Proven track record of mentoring and training in both media strategy and tactical execution across various platforms, including optimization techniques, strategies, bidding models, ad units and attribution
- Proven ability to set team priorities and collaborate with other departments to deliver services
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail with ability to prioritize team and individual projects
- Product & Client Strategy
- Experience working with organizational revenue goals, identifying and pursuing new business and up-sell opportunities
- Experience crafting performance story and recommendations based on data to support action plan development
- Knowledge of the marketing technology landscape to create, find, and leverage innovative opportunities to enhance existing product plans
- Development of media strategy aligned to long-term client business growth and identification of KPIs and measurement strategies to account for performance beyond last click
- Adept at managing client expectations as it relates to scope and delivery of service
- Media Management Experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in paid media execution and strategy across paid social and display channels, preferably in performance marketing / direct response
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience across variety of platforms including Facebook Ads Manager, Google Display Network (Google Ads), LinkedIn, YouTube, Criteo or any Demand-Side Platform including DataXu, Oath (Brightroll), Display & Video 360 (Formerly DBM)
- In addition, experience in any of the following channels is preferred: Email Acquisition, Video, Connected TV, Native, Programmatic Audio
- Widespread application of audiences, including experience with 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audience data via DMP or contracted data providers
- Expertise in tracking strategy and ensuring quality implementation by working with team to set up and troubleshoot pixels
- Experience in trafficking with third party ad server such as Campaign Manager (formerly DoubleClick Campaign Manager)
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good energy. Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to represent and promote TSA in a professional manner
- Strong Business acumen
- Must be open to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Experience applying and assessing performance leveraging alternative attribution model (compared to last touch)
- Advanced measurement experience including Conversion Lift Studies, Brand Lift Studies & Offline Event Integrations
- Management of multi-layer reporting structures (individuals with their own direct reports)
- Facebook Blueprint and relevant Google Ads Certifications
Join a team of digital explorers! The Search Agency is a global online marketing firm that combines high-tech and high-touch strategies to help clients engage with their audience. With 5 offices around the world, we’re one of the largest independent and integrated digital marketing firms, with diverse services to support our clients’ multi-channel marketing goals. As a member of our team, you’ll join a fun, focused group of individuals working together to seek out efficient and effective ways to serve our clients.
About our Benefits:
Who says there’s no such thing as a free lunch? We get them twice a week! You’ll also get a flexible work schedule and the option to work from home every Friday (yes, you read that right). All employees receive full medical, dental, and vision care, along with the option to contribute to a 401k. We have a fun, casual office culture, with “alternative work spaces,” regular yoga classes, spirited table tennis, and a kitchen fully-stocked for breakfast and mid-day snacks.
The Search Agency, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not currently eligible for sponsorship or third-party candidates