Blog

Home / Articles  / How to Dominate the Local SERPs for Mobile Search
8 Comments
    David Hughes

There is no question understanding the online to offline conversion paths is critical now and in the future. Thanks for the article.

January 27, 2015 at 5:14 am Reply
    • Dale Wilson

We completely agree David – there is far more that needs to be discussed when it comes to Local SERPs. Starting with owning them to capitalizing on traffic from the SERP to the conversion, whether it be online or in-store. This is just our first step. thanks!

January 27, 2015 at 10:29 am Reply
  • David Lee

Thanks for the tips and all the excellent information you provide on this post. Cheers, Dale!

January 29, 2015 at 3:53 pm Reply
  • Michael Smith

Yes, there is no doubt how local search is helpful to small business. I really like your post about this topic. Now it’s time to mobile world and every small business and entrepreneur have to promote their business in this era. Now, about your post, I really like first 2 topics. Because if you are scheduling something with call extensions, you have to be ready to answered the phone calls and to measure the effectiveness of that campaign, you have to measure the call length as well which will give you idea about the performance of your staff and your marketing campaign.

February 3, 2015 at 4:28 am Reply
    • Dale Wilson

Hi Michael – glad you got so much out of the post – there’s definitely a lot to consider. Local/mobile are SO important right now and it’s ever changing.

February 5, 2015 at 2:32 pm Reply
  • Louisa Bainbridge

I loved this post. I couldn’t agree more that sometimes metric analysis can get in the way of meeting objectives!

I work at iGeolise and we are convinced that consumers need to search locally by minutes rather than miles. All of us plan travel using minutes…as we can’t do as the crow flies (YET-still waiting on my flying car). This post confirmed my thoughts.

Do you look at any topics like this? I’d love the search agents thoughts.

March 25, 2015 at 4:51 am Reply
    • Christina Elghazi

Hi Louisa – glad you enjoyed the post!

Great point about providing distance in minutes vs. miles – that would certainly make sense for mobile searches with local intent. Keep an eye out for the next iteration of this post, which will discuss strategies for dominating the local-mobile SERPs from an organic/earned perspective. I’ll also do some digging into your minutes-over-miles model and try to integrate it into my recommendations for optimizing for local search. (Hey, this could even turn into a great opportunity for us to work together on a co-authored guide to local in 2015!)

Thanks for stopping by, Louisa!

March 26, 2015 at 2:56 pm Reply