alluded to yesterday, I attended a session called “Mobile Meets ROI: Demystifying Campaign performance.”
Not only is mobile a hot topic, but for anyone at The Search Agency, attribution to ROI is what really counts. I was surprised to find myself as one of only four attendees at this round table session. Two of the other people were from the same company, and I was the only female. Hello?? Why wasn’t everyone clamoring to get in?
Anyway, the two leaders of the session were from Velti Mobile, a full mobile marketing solution. They were great speakers, who spoke The Search Agency language of DATA DATA DATA. Here were the key takeawys:
Some Facts – In 2015:
- Traffic from wireless devices will exceed traffic from wired devices.
- Spending on mobile is projected to grow $3.3B to $20B+.
- At a steady 30% growth year over year, mobile is the fastest growing media.
4 Things People Use Mobile For:
- Email (mobile opens have increased 30%)
- Social Marketing
Mobile is the most diverse media channel. There are many other sub channels like:
- Mobile Search
- Mobile Email
- And more….
The Media Planner’s Dilemma:
- Hardware (There are many different types of tablets smartphones, and other mobile supported devices that all have unique sizes and requirements.)
- Ad Technology
Mobile allows for the capability to interact with a site in more ways than desktop does. This makes it more difficult, but also more imperative to track every interaction and attribute it to a specific campaign, so that you can truly measure success.
- Awareness – impressions
- Engagement – page views
- Monetization – payments
- Retention – participation
Display, paid search, and SEO all want a piece of the mobile pie, but they are quickly realizing that they will all need to work together on a holistic approach to see real success across all channels.
Most importantly: If you don’t have a mobile optimized site, your consumers WILL leave.