Blog

Home / Articles  / 3 Types of Infographics That Make Me Vomit!
Home / Articles  / 3 Types of Infographics That Make Me Vomit!
10 Comments
  • Tanya

This expresses the three main reason why I’m not too excited about the infographic trend. Most of them are difficult to get through and would be kinder to the user if they were just well thought out articles.

April 11, 2012 at 3:24 pm Reply
  • Casey

As someone who works in social media and SEO I find the thought of creating info graphics as difficult. I have started hiring others to build them for me, but it seems a lot of them are low quality like the samples you have above. They are either too basic, have too much info, or are too long like the examples above. I love infographics, but I tend to only like 1 out of 10.

April 11, 2012 at 5:22 pm Reply
  • Outback Storage Containers

Great article – you should turn it into an infographic!

April 12, 2012 at 5:20 am Reply
  • Amy Fowler

Fair point but maybe a *bit* over the top! If you’re vomiting every time you see a stuffed, long, or pointless infographic, you might want to make an appointment with your doctor… 🙂

Feel sorry for the creators of those infographics though – all that work and their biggest accolade is causing the gag reflex to follow through.

April 19, 2012 at 3:35 am Reply
  • Allie Edwards Williams

Ha, yes!

I’ve especially noticed the infographics that go on and on and on…my fingers get scroll fatigue just trying to get to the end. Seriously, there should be a recommended pixel length.

May 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm Reply
  • Mona

LOL, the long one made me LOL. I didn’t realize how much it annoyed me, but now that you’ve brought it to my attn., it is irksome! That FB one is super long!

June 7, 2012 at 11:49 am Reply
  • DJ

Make sence. But it is also true that we don’t really know how to hire the right designer and some how, budget limits us from the good ones. Think about ROI….headache!

October 4, 2012 at 6:43 am Reply